Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Connecting with Art in Beijing

In Yellow Sheep River I met an art broker specializing in calligraphy drawings and paintings and during the trip to Tibet and back I communicated with him about purchasing a painting I liked. We finally agreed on a price and then negotiated a rendez-vous in Beijing.

He brought about two dozen other works and I agreed to photograph the ones I like and show them to friends at home. The works are by Western China artists who have sold works through galleries, vendors, and independently.



Let me know if you want more info. 

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful piece of "water & mountain" painting! Is it from modern artist or ancient artist?

    Cheers,
    Will

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will--This is a modern artist from Western China. If you are interested in connecting with the artist, please let me know. johnrdila@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete